Super AFR settings and disconnecting the battery

kyepan

Hi there,

just a couple of questions about the super afr and some situations that have and will come up over the weekend due to power and fuelling.

Does the super AFR loose its memory if the battery is disconnected for any great length of time? :?
battery died last week and was replaced, not really super dead, but flat enought to not be able to turn the ignition over, and loose my radio channels.

I have herd tell that the afr should be set at up to +6% fueling for one bar (at peak point) but mine and runs at +1-2% from 3000rpm upwards and barely gets above +3% ...at peak . :shock:

reason i ask, is cause i am changing the fuel filter tomorrow and if this lets more fuel flow, am i likely to do any damage... Car has other problems like the knock sensor fault code, but as the boost is set to 1.1 bar i am worried that if the fuelling goes out i could have major and expensive engine probs.. :?

so three questions really
1) under what curcumstances does the S-afr forget its fuelling settings?having been properly set up by Ian at hi-tec, not more than 12 months ago

2) what should it be reading (its hidden in the glove box so i cant see it most of the time) when running just over a bar of boost?

3) will the engine die if it gets too much fuel, or will it just drink and be merry?

you guys always seem to be able to make sense of what i write, so if any more info is needed shout.

thanks heaps :wink:

Curtis

kyepan said:
1) under what curcumstances does the S-afr forget its fuelling settings?having been properly set up by Ian at hi-tec, not more than 12 months ago?
- You have to physically clear the setting to lose them via the menu. Unplugging the thing will still not clear it.

2) what should it be reading (its hidden in the glove box so i cant see it most of the time) when running just over a bar of boost?
- Mine reads @ 1bar:

RPM's 2,000 3,000 3,500 4,000 5,000 6,000 7,000 8,000
High +3 +11 +9 +6 +11 +9 +9 +11
Low +4 +3 +3 +1 0 0 0 0

Throttle Lo Hi
20% 50%
Set up by Abbey, but every car is different.

3) will the engine die if it gets too much fuel, or will it just drink and be merry?
- Will run cr@p and you'll get black smoke out of the exhaust if it over fuels badly.

kyepan

ahhh cheers curtis.

did the fuel filter at the weekend it's now drinking like a fish.

det sensor next, but need the part number.

like you said every one is different.

Curtis

If the fuel filter was blocked, that could have caused the det that resulted in your fault code. In other words the knock sensor did it's job and is fine. Have you really noticed an increase is fueling since changing the filter?