Sump guard...

paz

Hello :)

Just discovered a slightly dented sump on my car, which there's another post about in the problem solving - go and take a look :lol: ;)

That aside though, it would be nice if I could protect the sump more on the car. I've got a bumper guard which has saved the front of the car on MANY occasions, soI'd like to extend this protection further back and across the sump.

I know that 'proper' sump guards do exist, but am guessing they're rare as rocking horse shit, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyone else whos taken a copy of the original design, or could fabricate something?

Let me know.

Cheers

Paz

D

deslynam

I paid my mechanics about £60 to make me one up from some lightweight material they use on their rally cars. It's a dual layer with rubber sandwiched inbetween the layers and doesn't weigh much at all.
Only problem is that with the exhaust downpipe being quite low, and the car lowered an inch on the Teins, it's liable to ground out itself as it sits a fraction lower than everything...

All you really need is a big piece of Al., the car up on a ramp and some guys who've got access to a machine shop.

geoff pine

try gtir spares gary had one on flebay dont know if it reached its reserve or sold. You could buy them new from redline in chesire a couple of years back they were about £200.made from duraluminium.

Last edited:

paz

deslynam said:
I paid my mechanics about £60 to make me one up from some lightweight material they use on their rally cars. It's a dual layer with rubber sandwiched inbetween the layers and doesn't weigh much at all.
Only problem is that with the exhaust downpipe being quite low, and the car lowered an inch on the Teins, it's liable to ground out itself as it sits a fraction lower than everything...

All you really need is a big piece of Al., the car up on a ramp and some guys who've got access to a machine shop.
Sounds alright, I guess you could even have one made up in carbon if it was designed correctly? My mate owns a bodyshop, so I'll see if he can think of anything.

Geoff - I'll give him a go if the above doesn't work out!

Cheers

Paz

paz

Ok, found out that OMP do one but they want absolutely ridiculous money for it, so I'm going to take it my pal and get him to make me one up! :lol:

Paz