Subframe bushes

111mattin111

What's the best subframe bushes available on all my 300's and sx's I've always fitted solid alloy bushes,

Do the do these for the R or can you only buy poly bushes?

Where's best n cheapest place to get them aswell?

Greygtir

I dont think there available. Dont quote me but i think 200sx ones fit the subframe but they need machining ? To fit the car??

Gtirchris

Powerflex do poly bushes for the rear subframe mate, and iirc Martin (vss irvine) doe some as well, send him a pm and i'm sure he will help you out buddy.

warpspeed

If you want to use alloy I would suggest you remove the rear crossmember to stitch weld it to spread the load out, the mounts are only spot welded and there's not many...I would still suggest it if you were using nylatron..

red reading

You would have to make them, also be careful as having done this sometimes there is not enough adjustment left to set the thrust line of the car up correctly on the toe adjustment on the subframe .

warpspeed

Nylatron is very cheap to buy, most engineering shops should have it and I would expect to pay about £40 max for enough for 4 bushes

Gtirchris

If you want to use alloy I would suggest you remove the rear crossmember to stitch weld it to spread the load out, the mounts are only spot welded and there's not many...I would still suggest it if you were using nylatron..
When i refit my rear sub frame i have some powerflex yellow poly bushes going in as the old factory bushes were shot, is it worth me doing anything with the rear cross member or should i leave it as factory?, bearing in mind that the car is only going to be a road car, suggestions please, thanks.

warpspeed

Check the crossmember isn't bulging just above the rear mounts...if it is then you will need to remove it and repair it...

Gtirchris

Structurally it's sound buddy, there was some surface rust which is now gone and all zinc primed, just need to schutz it all and cavity wax it, so i guess it's onwards and upwards ;-).