Subframe bush removal...

Hi,

Out of interest is there a specific way of removing the bushes from the rear subframe? Its kinda foxed me today didn't want to smash them out if theres a correct way of removing them, such as cutting them out..

Cheers

Gaz

vpulsar

Hi,

Out of interest is there a specific way of removing the bushes from the rear subframe? Its kinda foxed me today didn't want to smash them out if theres a correct way of removing them, such as cutting them out..

Cheers

Gaz
Petrol works well I find then a hack saw to get out any metal bits left.

Rob

steve963

run a bead of weld around the inside, after you have cut all the bulk out, should just tap out then? (I think)

vss irvine

I doubt they will tap out. ( ive never had a set come easy anyway)

Set the rubber parts on fire until they burn and seperate. The heat will spit out the centre steel part.

After you scrape the rest of the rubber out, then you have to run a hacksaw down the steel outer collar.

Once you have split it, use a chisel to fold it over and knock it from the bottom the way.

Ive done around 20 sets like this

I doubt they will tap out. ( ive never had a set come easy anyway)

Set the rubber parts on fire until they burn and seperate. The heat will spit out the centre steel part.

After you scrape the rest of the rubber out, then you have to run a hacksaw down the steel outer collar.

Once you have split it, use a chisel to fold it over and knock it from the bottom the way.

Ive done around 20 sets like this
Nice one, came out pretty easy with the old blow torch on it, wriggled the centre steel pin out left the rubber to burn some more and popped it out (well ok forced it out). just the inner steel collar left to get out.

How come the collar has to come out? was this part of the Nissan bush, and will I have to press a different sized collar in?

Gaz

stifler1603

the easiest way to remove bushes is to use a air chisel and cut them out put the chisel blade between the bushes jacket and the subframe and cut the metal bushes jacket and everything will come out. and then press in the new ones

Last edited:

vss irvine

Yeah leave the collar in if you fit powerflex bushes as they are smaller.

All other bushes need the collar removed.