Stupid exhausts

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
IMG_0630.jpg

Now the rad, turbo and manifold have to come off as well. Given 2 of the 4 bolts to get that off were solid and rounding off every time I looked at them, it could be fun.

shroom

oh dear. I have just removed my turbo and in the middle of fitting a Forge front Mount (bloody thing) gave up for the day but got the new tubby on and the annoying oil and water banjo bolts back on.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I spent well over an hour struggling to get those 2 bolts out (2 on the other end of the cat took 1min) ended up with bent bolts and rounded nuts when I'd finished and thought f"ck it, can't be arsed to start on the turbo today, so packed up.

shroom

If you don't have a ramp and heat can be an absolute nightmare a simple job always ends in one old evil bolt holding out.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If you don't have a ramp and heat can be an absolute nightmare a simple job always ends in one old evil bolt holding out.
I'd suggest giving up and taking it somewhere that has a ram and heat... but often you've already got to the point where you can't drive the car until you've finished

...and then it starts hailing on you.