Structure in engine bay

projectgtir

Does anyone think it's a bad idea if I cut away at the metal Walls underneath both headlights , not gona take much just enough for intercooler pipes

vpulsar

Does anyone think it's a bad idea if I cut away at the metal Walls underneath both headlights , not gona take much just enough for intercooler pipes

You have to trim a bit of it off to fit the forge front mount so I'm sure you can cut away some of it with out issue, But don't take out to much you may compromise structural rigidity.

John

projectgtir

Thanks for that guys feel alot better about taking chunks out of it , just wondered as the walls look like they are there for the slam panel which in turn keeps the front rigid and also holds the bonnect catch. Oh well can always get them rewelded if somthing goes wrong.

MarkTurbo

I've cut part of the area you're talking about away for my intercooler pipe work. As long as you give it a coat of paint afterwards to stop it rusting it'll be fine ;-)

projectgtir

I've cut part of the area you're talking about away for my intercooler pipe work. As long as you give it a coat of paint afterwards to stop it rusting it'll be fine ;-)

That looks like my engine bay at the mo lol. Although I'm struggling to work out what's going on in your bay as you have what looks like a silicone pipe where the turbo elbow should be.