sticking dump valve

As above have taken it apart and lubricated it several times with no joy. It closes when you turn the engine off which makes me think it could be a vacuum problem..? Help as it's making the car run like poo and really oh-no-ing me off! :D

OZ-Racing

What make is it and what did you lubricate it with, I found grease to be the best lube (for the dump valve piston :wink: ).

ki_saj_ng

if u havent messed with any pipes then theres no reason why there should be a vac problem.

try swapping the d/v with a mate, if u have any :D see if this makes a difference.

also try re-greasing it.

It's a forge and I used a grease, it closes fine when you switch the engine off which makes me think its a vac problem, does anyone know is the vacuum hose there to help open or close the valve...? It is running rough and there is a boost leak as even at 20% throttle on a flat road the boost controller is reading 0 boost but that may be the dump valve sticking open or something seperate...? :?

R

ROSSGTIR

ive been having the same problem with my bov, its a sard r2d2 bov and the car idles like a sack of poo.
my car idles high aswell at 1500-1600rpm since i put it on.
still aint 100 percent sure if its the valve though, im gonna try a different valve on the car and do an ecu reset

JIMMYBACK

ROSSGTIR said:
ive been having the same problem with my bov, its a sard r2d2 bov and the car idles like a sack of poo.
my car idles high aswell at 1500-1600rpm since i put it on.
still aint 100 percent sure if its the valve though, im gonna try a different valve on the car and do an ecu reset
mattygtir has one on his motor and i never known him, to have arunning problem :shock: althou i do but i dont think its the dump valve :D

OZ-Racing

I have the Forge D/V aswell, pop over some time and try mine on your car, see how it goes. If there is a prob with your valve, I have a box full of spares :wink:

Send me a PM if you wanna swing by sometime. :)

F

Forge Motorsport

Any problems with the valve , let us know and we will sort it for you
:D