stick on number plates - pics inside

boucherie

im currently road testing a different style of stick on number plate (well ive never seen it done this way before :!: :!: )
Instead of the normal white vinyl stick on plates, i have had one made up on the reflective back ground and then it is covered in a clear vinyl, with approx a 5mm edge to help get the best stick to the bonnet.

Some pics are below and id appreciate your comments, but if you need any further info then please email me and il pass on the blokes email to you that is supplying these plates.

The size ive gone for is 12x3 although any size is possible.

Thanks
Ian

boucherie

the normal stick on ones are normally done using a white vinyl whereas these ones have got a reflective vinyl which is the same stuff as a normal number plate, minus the perspex backing

A

AJ4

any idea if they are plod / mot friendly ? need a new number plate for mine...

Sweeny

boucherie said:
the normal stick on ones are normally done using a white vinyl
The reflective vinyl has been around for ages mate, tbh i've only ever seen the reflective vinyl ones and not the white ones. Surely the white ones are illegal :?

I had one on my last R which was done years ago

AJ4 said:
any idea if they are plod / mot friendly ? need a new number plate for mine...
If they are the correct size and are stuck on the front of your bonnet so can be seen then yes, but if its stuck on top of your bonet facing the sky then no, and also if its done in white vinyl its illegal as it aint refelctive.

I went to my local cop shop to confirm this :wink: :lol:, its was a while back tho so i dont know how it stands now.

A

AJ4

yeah, I did wonder about that. Doesn't the law specify that it should have a BS kitemark now or something ? Its some half-assed stupid rule anyways.. :(

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Reflective vinyl is extremly brittle and will tear/chip very easily, if you are thinking about doing this I would recomend laminating some, what they call Anti-Grafiti film over the finished item, this would stop it tearing and keep it from stone chipping. Anti-Grafiti film is a very thin clear vinyl and would be avialable from most sign makers.