Stereo wire colour help...!!!

R

Reason

Hey guys

Ive bought the car without a stereo...
Im trying to fit my stereo, but my 92 import wires have been cut up...

Stickung out of the hole i have-

Red - blue stripe
Red - black stripe
Black - yellow stripe
Black - white stripe
Black - red stripe
Black - pink stripe
2 x plain blue
pale green
pale green - red stripe
light brown
orangy brown
earth wire screwed to wall of the inside...

and my stereo has the normal colours...

red
yellow
black
plain blue
blue with white stripe
2 greys
2 greens
2 purples
2 white ( each, one plain, one with a stripe)

please guys can you help match these up as i cant get it to work!?

Cheers Rob

P

petebann

use a 'aa' battery and go through the wires. you'll identify which speaker is which in no time.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
These were my 92 import colours

12v feed - Red/blue bands
Earth - Yellow
12V Memory - Yellow /red bands

Speakers:-
Fronts - 1pair light grey/ 1pair dark grey
Rears - 1pair purples/ 1 pair greens

leemh

i tested my yellow and i aint got an earth my head unit wiring car end is butchered to buggery

D

Diesel Fumes

I used a 9v battery to trace speaker wires. If your stereo has a manual it would be best to read up on which wires serve which purpose.

N

NismoDaveGTIR

ive got a similar problem previous owner has choped of the block and now its full of loose wires with terminal strip which is poo. i was gonna go the scrapy and cut off a block and solder on which would give much needed extra length to but with mine being a import and the ones in scrapy being UK the colours are most likley going to be completely different? ive printed off the PDF from installdr.com but dont think its the same as mine looks like many hours with the multimeter loom doh.

Jonesy

Shouldnt be that hard to do really, all need is a permanent live switched live and earth which are all easy to find with multimeter.
The speakers are normally easy to find, two wires the same colour one with a stripe and its trial and error untill you get correct side. Rears you should be able to look at easily to identify.