Starting problems!!!! Now sorted, how embarrasing

Tony

After putting my engine back in i started it and let it warm up whilst checking it over!

Topped up the fluids and took it out for a test run but!

As soon as i pulled away it started to rev by itself at about 3500rpm!!

I turned around and pulled it back onto the drive and turned it off!!

Checked all the plugs and connectors and they were all fine! started it again and the same thing happened!! i blipped the throttle and it went up to 4000rpm and held there so i turned it off!

I unplugged the throttle position sensor and started it and it was still at 4000rpm!!

I have just left it now to see if any of you guys can help with a diagnosis!?!?!?!?

Tony....

Tony

Thort it could be the throttle sensor!! is there any way i can test it???

anymore ideas????

Tony....

Tony

Its defo not a stickin cable and dont think its an air leak!!!! car idle`d fine before i actually drove it!! surely it would have been noticeable while it was doing this?!?!?

Tony....

Shaun

:wink: Just check and see if the throttle itself is back on its stop,as i had a similar thing happen to me,i checked the cable and it was fine,then checked the throttle and it was sticking open :shock: Quick spray with WD40 a couple of times a cross all the linkages sorted mine out :wink:
Hope this helps mate :D

Tony

Done that m8! it is defo goin fully back and i sprayed the lever on the linkages!

I know i deffo took all the rags out of the holes before i piped everything up!! but you know when you just cant be sure if you took the bit of kitchen roll out of the outlet of the cooler!!!!! :? :roll:

I`ve got a front mount so it would of had to travel all the way up the tube! and i would hav thort it would make the car run like sh1te on idle!!!

anymore ideas before i start taking the plenum off!!!!!!! :?

Tony....

J

Jonny H

Your aircon isnt on is it?? :shock: :wink:

humm.......... have you checked for any vaccume leaks? I believe it would take quite a large leak to cause high idle though so that one would most probably be fairly obvious if you have??

Check the accelerator pedal inside the car? make sure its returning properly? Also check throttle return springs?

Apart from that i havent got a clue!!! :? :?

Tony

I checked all the pipe prior to fitting the engine and they are all ok!

The more i think about it the more i think i forgot to take that bit of paper out of the cooler!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Bu tthen i think if i had done this then the cause would be that the throttle would be stuck open but its returning back to its original position!!!

Tony....

C

caz

:lol: Just got your text msg. U plank :oops:

Dont eva take the mic out of me eva again :wink:

Tony

yes yes yes!!!!!!!

I have located the cause of my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thort of the bit of kitchen roll in the inlet was very true indeed!

Infact it was not just 1 but 3 pieces of kitchen roll lodged in number 3 throttle body :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fortunatley i managed to fish it out with a bit of welding rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is highly embarrasing and i should have known better than to put paper in the intercooler:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tony....

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Tony said:
This is highly embarrasing and i should have known better than to put paper in the intercooler:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tony....
Nothing wrong with doing that to keep the rubbish out, it's forgetting to take it out again that's the embarrassing bit :p

C

chris-b

Tony said:
All taunts welcome, i deserve it!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Tony....

ok then.........you idiot!
:oops: - would just burn away anyway! no problem!
idiot!

Tony

How the fcuk would it burn away when its stuck in the inlet you muppet!!

I would have to go past the butterfly and through the inlet valve to get anywhere near fire!!!!!!!!

Tony....

M

Mikey

hahahahaha ! funniest thing i have heard all day :lol: Good of you to own up though mate, i'd have just lied :p

ki_saj_ng

that is quite funny, ur lucky it wasnt anything else but a silly mistake made by u urself.

but a bit of tissue :D

saj 8)