starting problems - immobiliser

dobby

Hi guys,

I am having big trouble with alarm/ immobiliser on the car. It refuses to turn the starter motor. It happened at first yestaday and then it started again today. I have done all sorts like disconnecting the battery but it doesnt work. The alarm emits a tone when you operate it so i guess its fubared. It is 9 years old. I am getting a new one fitted on wednesday but i need to start the car before that. What colour is the starter wire under the dash? Is it a simple case of following the wire for a break where the immobiliser is connected and bridging it?

It is a cobra alarm.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

vss irvine

Is it a simple case of following the wire for a break where the immobiliser is connected and bridging it?
cobra immobilisers normally cut starter and another ignition feed , so you'll need to check for 2 breaks in the ignition system, its normally all done to the wiring around the ignition barrel area, so you should be able to work it out if you have a good look at it and trace all the black (cobra) wires, make sure you remove the immobiliser control box aswell.