stainless tubular manifold standard position with fitted pic

gtir303

i know this has been talked about before and people have said they are doing one to fit the standard position ,well im having a custom one made and the pics so far look good and the chap who is making it is willing to build them for anyone else

so trying to get an idea of how many people would be up for one

the manifold should be finished next week and once i have got it and done test fit i will post some pics

also he is building stainless turbo elbows too

cheers

carl

JIMMYBACK

very interested and if the finish is as good as the rest of your car which im sure it will be ill very interested turbo elbow too :D wot materials grade etc are being used? any supporting brackets bracing being used?
cheers jimmy :D

gtir303

not sure on the grade of stainless yet but ,the manifold is made of 1 3/4 inch pipping rather than 1 1/2 like the ss autochrome stuff so should give a good performance improvement

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Don't go to big with the ID of the primary manifold tubes or you could run the risk of loosing exhuast gas verlosity which will result in pushing the low down torque further up the rev range. Good for the strip I suppose but not so good for a street car.

G

GTI-R Kid

gtir303 said:
thought there might be an interest in something like maybe i was wrong :shock:
Its the weekend mate - give it a chance. :wink:

C

Connie Paa

:lol: That would look nice on my car :lol: :lol: I presume that is the pic of the manifold that can be bought :?: If so how much can it be bought for and how soon will it be available :?: Thanks :D

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Thats a good price, what grade stainless has been used??

I'm assuming it is stainless, it looks like it, whats the wall thickness of the pipes ??

Steve

coxie

:D hi carl how did you get on with the fitting of this mateas i am next in line to buy one 8) and the fabricator is waiting on news from fitting it.

gtir303

My manifold wasn't picked up until friday, so should have it this week!

Will let everyone know how it fits A.S.A.P

Cheers

P

Petbeemer

Manifolds

Hi all just to let you know its me thats doing the manifold for Carl so if there are any questions fire away!

Right Carl has now fitted his and all seems well,slight problem with flanges but that will be cured by the next one! Stainless used is 304/316 18gauge with 10mm mild steel flanges all tig welded im doing two sizes 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" o/d covering fast road and full race,to answer someones Q earlier no you wont loose to much gas speed with the 1 3/4" and it should behave well on the road but obviously the most gain will be top end! the 1 1/2" will be the best for all round driveability depending on engine spec.The best thing about them is the collector system and the fact the pipework is very near equal length,oh and they look nice when polished!
Elbows ect on way this week with any luck!
all prices/contact details on web site now!

SickBoy

Spoke to Carl tonight , his finished manifold is now fitted and works a treat with no fitting probs at all .It was polished up and is now a shiny gold colour . Carl will be on later in the week to post up some pics

Lee

coxie

8) LOOK FORWARD TO SEING THE PICS AS I HAVE JUST PAYED FOR ONE WHICH I SHOULD GET NEXT WEEK 8)

:roll: CAPS LOCK