SR20DET 2.2 big bore kit at erics

marcymarc

This just seems to be a big bore kit 90mm pistons and darton sleeves?? new product it says on the website.

Dooie Pop Pop

This is a brand new 2.2 liter big bore kit for the SR20DE and SR20DET engines. This kit has 90mm CP Pistons with rings, pins and lock, also 86mm Darton Sleeves that can be bored out to 90mm, and one 90mm Cometic head gasket made specifically for this kit. The overall compression is 9:1 with this kit.

This kit will give your SR engine 2188cc. The CP Pistons in this kit are able to withstand any amount of power that you can throw at the engine. The Darton Sleeves are stroger than the stock sleeves. Your engine will be even stronger with the Darton Sleeves. The Cometic gasket is multiple layer metal, which makes the gasket stronger and tougher than one piece designs. You will not have any problems with blowing out a head gasket, no matter how much boost or nitrous you use.
that last bit sounds like a challenge:lol:

marcymarc

Dooie Pop Pop said:
that last bit sounds like a challenge:lol:

Its not a stroker kit though :lol: thats my point :doh::doh:

My understanding was that you couldnt go wider than 88mm on gtir liners and even then you would be compraminsing reliability due to the water ways that run inbetween the cylinders for cooling, so a long stroke crank is used in a stroker to get your cc long ways rather than width ways :lol:

So does this kit meen that the actual darton linetrs in the kit are say 3mm thinner than any other sr20det liner??

Edited to add: foookin hellllll.. i cant believe i just came out with that, im definatly learning...YAY

Last edited:

ashills

they are very good kits and use a steel liner that can be bored very big and still be strong
the advantage is that the bore stroke ratio is kept very good still so the engine will still be able to rev to hi rpms safely where as if u go to a 2.3-4 stroker crank you should really cap revs at 7.5-8k rpm

ashills

the only issue is who u get to bore the block for the liners
a few guys have sent blocks up to agra and was about 600 delivered for the work then u have the normal build costs so ads about £800-900 to a normal build up

marcymarc

ashills said:
the only issue is who u get to bore the block for the liners
a few guys have sent blocks up to agra and was about 600 delivered for the work then u have the normal build costs so ads about £800-900 to a normal build up

I thought it semt to good for the money, when you work in the costs you speak of.... its realistically no cheaper than a stroker kit because at least with the stroker your getting new rods and a new billit crank for your extra cash.

Its never simple is it :lol:

stumo

got it running last night. Just need to sort some small things out then it should be time for running in.

200 miles then yeehaa

i might be selling my .86 3071 that's only done a few hundred miles.

marcymarc

Happy days :lol:

How come your only running in for 200 miles or have i got the wrong end of the stick.

Id love to take the turbo off you mate but i need all my pennys for this damn rebuild :doh::lol:

stumo

Rings don't need 1000's of miles running in, if they're not bedded in after that mileage they're never going to be.

Mr GTiR

stumo said:
Rings don't need 1000's of miles running in, if they're not bedded in after that mileage they're never going to be.
Mine got the first 20 miles to be run in :lol: