squeaky suspension

keastygtir

I changed my lower arm at the weekend and now I am getting sqeaking from the suspension. It happens even when you are at parking speed and if you bounce the car up and down when stationery.

At first I thought the spring might have moved in the cup but i have had a look and that seems ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks

keastygtir

update, looks like one of the holes for the wishbone mount that goes through the floor has stripped a thread!

red reading

Don't drive the car, try getting a longer bolt to purchase on the thread's that may be left if yours are short,or you will have to Buy a helicoil/wurth insert kit. you face crashing the car if you drive it as some one (pobody i think) has done before..M12x1.25 is the size i think

keastygtir

I put a longer bolt in tonight and it tightens first and then goes slacker. I forgot to measure the bolt length while I was there

P

pulsarboby

not necessarily as the captive nut may be spinning which would be a right booger

keastygtir

Well it seemed to tighten a fair bit to the point its probably a couple of turns from being proper tight. Hopefully this means the captive nut is ok? I take it is a nightmare if the captive nut is fooked?

P

pulsarboby

yes not a nice job, but if its almost tightening up then hopefully dannys right in which case you can do as he said!