Spraying fmic

Garef

Got a forge fmic, writing on it is looking a bit tatty these days so I was thinking about re-spraying it, don't really like the blue so was thinking either black or grey, or even just spraying the whole thing silver and having no writing on it at all, or even putting gti-r instead of forge. Never really sprayed anything before, can I just fire spray paint on it or what should I do? Any advice or opinions would be great. Cars grey btw.

MORF114

try not to spray the paint on too heavy as this with lessen the efficiency of the intercooler.

youngsyp

MORF114 said:
try not to spray the paint on too heavy as this with lessen the efficiency of the intercooler.
Any paint on the core will make it less efficient and better insulated. So, it will keep the heat in !

MORF114

Exactly, but why on earth would you want to keep your core insulated? isnt that defeating the purpose of the intercooler air hitting the fins to cool the air charge, but if you have a "thick" layer of paint on it the fins wont cool as quickly or cool the charge air at all because its insulated and the cold air is doing bugger all to the air charge.