Spax Springs

B

bean

I can get some Spax springs for £100, they're a 70mm drop at the front and 40mm at the back.

Would this be too low for the front?

Has anybody got them on an R?

gtirpulsar

No matter what anyone tells you - I can guarantee they are for a GTI and not a GTIR. Caleb had them, and I stil have them.

The front are not strong enough and so you will rub on tight left hand corners - you can use spring assisters (I do) to stop them rubbing
The rear are ridiculous - its like they don't lower it at all, and so your car looks like its snorting tarmac. I've done that most henious of crimes and cut a 3/4 of a ring off to level it out.

Buy something else (making mental note to do the same myself)

Kev
My bumper was crafted by Calebs fair hands.

B

bean

OK thx, I'll give them a miss.

Who else makes springs cos I can't find much else apart from Dowmax.

Just wondered what else was available?

Cris

I believe that you can get Eibach (spelling?) don't know much about them though.

Chequerflag has a couple of sets, RSR and AN Other

Or there is of course Whiteline

I currently have a set of RSR Ti2000 on my car but I've just bought a Whiteline set. The RSR's are good but they drop the car by about 65mm at the front and 50mm at the back and as I live in the lovely speed bump infested South London I'm getting bored of scraping my car everytime I go down to the shops. On the plus side they make the car very stable at high speed (120mph when driving across the continent - no problems).

I think that the Whiteline kit drops the car by about 35mm.

Hope that this helps.

B

bean

Thanks Cris, I don't want to drop the car a huge amount of pay lots of £££ for springs.

One of mine has snapped so I might as well replace the lot.

Nad

quote:Originally posted by bean
I can get some Spax springs for £100, they're a 70mm drop at the front and 40mm at the back.

Pay out for the Dowmax ones. They arent expensive. U think they are as u are comparing them to makes like Spax which are used for a lot of cheaper cars. Try comparing the prices to HKS etc as this is the level of quality u are buying. These aren't cheap cars so dont put cheap sh*t on them, u'll regret it!!!

L8r

Nad

V's Fav webby

JapUK's first Martini Nova and the Champion Blue GTIR

http://www.rallymadnad.coolfreepages.com

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!!

Video of my car

Nad

What is even funnier is my mate James who is a member WHO NEVER POSTS!!! just rang me up when I was reading this saying he had just ordered some. He assured me they would fit as it said GTIR. I said get them and try them. 2 mins l8r the phone rings again. "Just checked the Sapx website and it says 70/40 drop" Told ya. James:

L8r

P.S. http://www.spax.co.uk/downloads/Springs Kits pdf/Springs-2003-Nissan.PDF

V's Fav webby

JapUK's first Martini Nova and the Champion Blue GTIR

http://www.rallymadnad.coolfreepages.com

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!!

Video of my car

F

Fizzy

Spax rep bloke collared me and my mate at Trax, to show off their suspension stuff. Gave me all the sales blurb for 15 minutes, showing me their multi-adustable platforms etc. Then he "finally" asks "so what car do you drive". I told him, and got the "oh, actually, we don't make anything for your model of car". Yeah, thanks for wasting my life!! So, he asked my mate what car he drives. "200SX" Now being a UK car, mayb there was a hope. NOPE. He then admitted that they weren't in to Jap cars really. Made me want to sell up and buy a Nova, NOT [xx(] I would say "no offence Nad", but actually I don't care!! [:p][}:)]

Mark
"It's a RALLY car!!!" [:)]

E

Edd

I've bought spax in the past and they are crap the shocks fell apart and the springs were too bouncy [xx(]
you get what you pay for, get some whiteline springs from pwoerstation, just not the ones for my car next week [;)][:(!]

A

Anonymous

I will say this once and only once, spax are good sh*t, i have set of rsx on my corsa(my mrs drives it) it was first in the world to have the coil overs coz i took it to thier factory etc for them to sort out, the guy who sorted it out with me was a top bloke and did excatly what i asked of them. The corsa once set up right(14" alloys) goes round corners on rails, i try my hardest to get it out of shape but it wont have it. The only reason Spax are cheap is because they are located in bicester i.e. no shipping, taxes duty etc.

If shocks fell to pieces feck knows what you were doing, i work in the trade and shocks never fall to pieces baring in mind a lot of my mates also have spax kits on various applications and havnt had any probs.

Has any of you people thought of contacting them so they can put right an obvious mistake in there catologue?

HKS BOV
Blitz induction kit
Turbo back stainless exhaust
Samco hoses
Apexi AVC-R(serious lack of clutch;-)
17"OZ Racing F1 Cups

Cris

quote:Originally posted by gtirpulsar

The front are not strong enough and so you will rub on tight left hand corners - you can use spring assisters (I do) to stop them rubbing

Kev
My bumper was crafted by Calebs fair hands.

Kev what type of spring assisters do you use?

Oh and where did you get them?

I'm having a bit of a problem with rubbing myself.

Ahem, wheels that is.

On the wheel arches.

Cheers

Cris

J

jasegould

Cris...u wanna sell your old springs....do they make the car look really low???

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

Cris

Kev - Cheers mate I'm talking to Demon Tweeks anyway about the problem (they flogged me the springs in the first place).

jasegould2002 - I am looking to get rid of the RSR Ti2000. I will warn you that they drop the car quite a lot. I think that I over estimated before by saying 65mm it's probably more like 45mm. They are pretty stiff too which is nice on smooth roads (handles like a go-cart) but does tend to crash over bumps (which I have in spades around where I live).

I've copied the checkerflaq details about the spring (from their website) for reference:

RSR Ti2000
F:3.25kg/-mm R:3.00kg/-mm
F&R 1set Price; 37,000

The springs are in pretty good nick, they don't look too old. I could mail you a piccy tomorrow if you're interested. If so make me an offer on price...

Cheers

Cris

J

jasegould

Cris, am after something that drops a bit more than 45 mm, ive got -40mm ND springs at the moment. I wanna go low as Im having a load of bodywork work done and although low springs are a pain, they do look the nuts!
Have you got a pic of your car with the springs on???

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!