Spark Plugs

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No - is that cheap; £1.77 including VAT plus delivery? - It's an honest question because I bought a box of 10 for practically nothing off eBay.

smiddy

Hi Pobody

Not sure whats cheap, works out just under a tenner for 4 delivered.
Just got the car back yesterday after it being lay up for over a year. Drove o.k for a while then it got really rough so thinking plugs?
Are these the correct plug, cars running about 350ish bhp

Why not go into ia motorfactors, and see if they have them in stock?
My local factors keeps them in stock, and i think i pay £6 for the 4 of them at trade mate.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Boby is also selling them at a discounted price for forum members...
Anyway, those are the ones I use... but I'm nowhere near 350bhp. I was hoping for ~300, but it came-up 216 on the rolling road.

smiddy

Got them today, NGK 5430 BCR8ES. £8.74 the set at local parts supplier.
Anyone know what should the gap be set at or just drop them staight in? Cars running about 350 bhp

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Mine are gapped at 0.9mm, but I'm not entirely sure that's right. Some threads say 0.7mm... I'm still trying to work-out what the optimum is, but it depends on a few things like how much boost you run.

darkyGTI-R

Boby is also selling them at a discounted price for forum members...
Anyway, those are the ones I use... but I'm nowhere near 350bhp. I was hoping for ~300, but it came-up 216 on the rolling road.
Eh up George bit like me hoping for 280bhp and been told I was running around that with my mods lol to find out only running 230bhp wtf?:der:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Eh up George bit like me hoping for 280bhp and been told I was running around that with my mods lol to find out only running 230bhp wtf?:der:
I don't want to talk about it. :doh:

Nah, it's all good really. - Obviously I've re-gapped my plugs now; I don't know if it makes any difference to the power, but on the upside I know my boost isn't spiking and the fuelling is ok.

It's interesting really; I never thought my R was a beast, but it was rebuilt about 5 years ago by a previous owner with standard internals and HKS cams. With 1 bar of boost; an air filter; and a 2.5" elbow-back exhaust; I expected a little more from it. Still, I wasn't that far behind all the other 1bar mongs. :thumbsup: