Spark Plug choice

Pete Watson

I need to change the plugs in my car, i have been looking around on this site and general searching to find the best option, it seems that the general choice is NGK or HKS, at the moment i have NGK Iridium 8's fitted. My car is running around 400bhp maybe a tad more, it seems that around this level of power the plug choice changes to 9's, i have narrowed it down to two options, please can i have some thoughts on the best for my application:

BKR9EIX
R7435-9

I think the Racing code number is correct, if not can someone correct me.

Rgs Pete

youngsyp

Don't bother with the HKS plugs, they're just re-branded (and re-priced :lol: )Denso plugs.

I think the NGK plugs are a very good choice. I swapped to them after 2 years with a set of Denso's, that ended up with a cracked insulator !

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Pete Watson said:
I need to change the plugs in my car, i have been looking around on this site and general searching to find the best option, it seems that the general choice is NGK or HKS, at the moment i have NGK Iridium 8's fitted. My car is running around 400bhp maybe a tad more, it seems that around this level of power the plug choice changes to 9's, i have narrowed it down to two options, please can i have some thoughts on the best for my application:

BKR9EIX
R7435-9

I think the Racing code number is correct, if not can someone correct me.

Rgs Pete
So which did you go for and are they working OK ?

Steve

Trip

I had a very bad experienced on a Forced Induced Engine with HKS (Denso). They leaked heavily between the ceramic and the internal core.

I opted for NGK Copper Racing plugs 7173 and changed them every 3000Miles. Cheap and Reliable