snapped oygen sensor

A

Anonymous

I snapped my oxygen sensor putting my goose on yesterday :cry:
So I had to just screw a bolt into the hole untill I get one.
But the car runs fine without it on! Are they really needed cos a couple of people have told me you dont really need them???

Plus how much do they cost??

Cheer

Andy

B

BOYYYDY

whilst you've still got the cat on the car you ought to keep the lambda sensor on as well, most cat meltdowns are caused by dogdy lambda's. When the cats go into meltdown, they chuck the contents of the cat(2 ceramic bricks!)out of the back of the car and its new cat time, OUCH :!: :cry: If you're car is pre 92 maybe time to ditch the cat and get a de-cat pipe :?:

B

BOYYYDY

Oh, and I'll find out how much a sensor would be tomorrow, I sell them! :)

J

J-GTi-R

Are you guys talking about the right sensor here? The one that goes into the cat is the cat temp sensor, the lambda sensor is in the dump pipe just after the turbo.

My cat temp sensor had to be snapped when my exhaust went on (gunked in for good), so I just unplugged it (not needed).

Keira

He must be talking about the cat temp sensor,

Its not needed at all when you get rid of the cat. This normally just screws back into the goose cat replacement section and will do nothing ever again other than plug the hole. The oxygen sensor as said before screws to the dump pipe which you would have had absolutely no need to f*ck about with unless of course you snapped a stud and wanted to be able to get it all apart to drill the f*cker out.

:)

A

Anonymous

yeah its the one that screws into my cat replacement pipe.
so I dont need it??
it would make sense cos it runs fine without it.

cheers

andy

J

J-GTi-R

Just so you don't have any problems just unplug it. It's a bit fiddly, there's a small hole in the carpet under the driver's seat (best if you remove that), the plug is in there.