slightly droopy doors hehe!

P

petebann

...only slightly dropped but enough to sufficiently annoy me. I imagine its just a case of new hinges?

cheers, pete

paz

It is indeed. Or you can try and ''re-align'' the old hinges by opening the door, grabbing hold of it and pulling it upwards.

Paz

CruiseGTi-R

Hinges are about £17 each from Nissan, worth replacing as the pins get worn. Bitch of a job lining them up though.

O

Odin

CruiseGTi-R said:
Bitch of a job lining them up though.
I found the job to be a piece of p1ss mate, Just take the front wings off and change the hinges one at a time with the door already closed, That way when you've changed them the door should of been in the right position and no more dropping ;-) .

Rob

matp5

Your right:

top one looks like 80400P and bottom one is 80400PA

For those who have changed their hinges, is there a need to change the bolts?

Also, strange that there isn't different hinges for driver and passenger sides???

CruiseGTi-R, how about answering your pm's ;-) I've been wnating a tow eye for sooooooo long.

MORF114

No need to change the bolts and im pretty sure there is no need for left / right specific.

@ paz if you have droopy doors and you pull them up it will make them worse depending on how hard you pull them up.

CanadianR

Do you need to replace the entire hinge, or can you replace just the pin? My bodyman looked at the doors and thought he could just do the pins and it would be good to go. Said the pins were worn.

MORF114

if he can do the pins good luck to him. i know many car door hinge pins that come out but i dont think the pulsar ones were designed to do so. i could be very wrong though :?
Any body done the pins on a pulsar??

A

ard1ey

Just to answer an earlier question, hinges come unpainted so you'll have to unleash the spraycan.