Slight Smoking when boosting near redline in 1st

olliecast

Hi everyone,
Been out for a tinkle in the pulsar tonight and when the mrs was following she said then when i booted it away from an island in 1st it let out a bit of smoke. She couldn`t tell what colour!! :?
I`ve been for a good drive around tonight and cannot see (when headlights are behind) any smoke coming out when

1) i downshift
2) on the over run
3) when changing up after boost

I usually only rev to about 5.5-6k apart from when i give it WOT in first (only when i moving). Tend to rev a bit more in 1st due to not being able to change gear quick enough :oops: .
I`m not loosing any coolant and my oil levels are consistant.
Only observation is that lots of condensation comes out in a morning until the oil temp reaches about 75 (theres more on cold mornings).

Car is holding boost and boosting up fine. Mixture was checked by noble motorsport at a bar (what its running now) and was said to be perfect.

I`m also running a forge oil seperator.

fault code check brings up 55

Is it anything i should be worried about or will our cars always put out a bit of sh1t when driven real hard in first (after not being booted for ~5mins).

cheers in advance,
ollie

olliecast

thats good news!
what causes it then? is it just a small amount of oil getting past the rings at high revs or is it just unburnt fuel (as i gather our r`s tend to run a bit rich on the standard map)

John

Its more than likely just carbon soot in the exhaust pipe thats being blown out on heavy boost due to lack of use or wee bit of overfueling. Unless its heavy blue smoke I wouldnt be getting overly concearned.

As for the condensation I wouldnt be worried. Mine does the same on cold mornings due to having no cat and blowing hot air onto the cold exhaust sides causing a bit of watery smoke, if you know what I mean.

leemh

unless your pumping out enough blue smoke to cover the m6 i wouldnt worry to much mine puff's bit of soot out the back but i only drive mine every 3-4weeks.

MINESGTIR

mine puffs out condensation , watery smoke on cold start up .every car does it a bit when cold !

mine puffs out tiny tiny bits of black smoke close to the redline as its unburnt fuel and this is a good sign.. id rather a bit of black smoke then blow the fooker up