Slight smoke

B

beastgtir

Right lads, bit of a problem now.

Ive got an apexi avcr (boost controller) and a apexi safc.

When i change the settings on the boost controller. there is 2 settings.

A) 0.4bar boost
B) 0.9bar boost

i usually never run it on setting B, even if i do, the car is lovely and drives 100per cent spot on.
The problem is with setting A, when im driving it on setting A and i come to some private land to test the 0-60, in 1st gear giving it a bit of stick, the car smokes ever so lightly, its a very faint blue smoke.
As soon as its in 2nd gear there is no smoke at all and 3rd/4th/5th is great too.

On setting B, there is no smoke is any gear, even at full throttle in 1st..

Any suggested recommendations?

Im thinking the safc is set up to run with the 0.9bar boost and when im running 0.4 its running slightly rich.

I am planning on getting the car (apexi's) mapped,dyno'd and set-up by powerstation in tewksbury.

Is my trouble with the apexis, or is there a leak somewhere in the seals or pipes?

Thanks, Beasty

youngsyp

This could be any number of things. Simplest first, do you have the original oil separator on the car ?

If so, this could be sending oil mist into your intake track. Although, this doesn't explain the sporadicness of the smoke emissions.
Thinking about other possible causes (turbo seals, valve stems, piston rings), none of them would explain the frequency of the smoke either ?!

I'd still look at the intake track though, as it's easy and won't cost you anything !

Overfuelling wouldn't cause blue smoke either. Blue smoke = oil being burnt !

EVOBAD

are u sure its blue or is it a grey black colour i would say its over fueling as it only happninng on the lower boost but as u say on 0.9bar its not doing it as it useing the extra fuel on the extra boost,hav u been using more oil lately if so then u might be using oil hence blue smoke

B

beastgtir

Cheers for the replys lads,
Will be checking the oil seperator and oil levels first then working on towards the over-fuelling.

It does not smoke on idle, the smoke seems blue but il be getting the car checked out asap.

Thanks beasty,