Sheepdog BOV v HKS SSQ

S

stomski

Pick my 3rd R up 2moro, its already got a HKS SSQ dump valve, but whats the sheepdog one like, any better? any1 got any sound clips of 1?

G

GTiRich

Everything i heard about sheepdog is good. Meant to be real loud. Theres one on ebay at the moment

C

Crazy

I had a Sheep dog when I first got my GTiR and it was well quiet even after I adjusted it :)

It did get a bit louder when I upped my boost to 1bar but not much :?

I now have a HKS SSQV and it is proper loud 8)

I have the purple insert in it at the moment but I am on the lookout for gold insert :wink:

HKS all the way.............

G

GTiRich

I got a turbo xs-rfl and thats ear splittingly loud once the boost is turned up. The first time i drove the R after putting on my avc-r it dumped and i shat myself and had to pull over coz i thought something had exploded. Makes small children and grown men cry

G

GTiRich

They quite pricey about £230 i think. It was the first thing i bought when i got my R!!! Well worth every penny now just to see people jumping and giving me evils

c20ona

i've got the turbo xs type-h as well and loud is an understatement !.
supposed to read 130db at 25psi.think it's already at that on a bar :D
it must sound different on other cars though cos i put it on my brothers 5
and it sounded way louder even on the same boost ?.weird, still cool as phek though !.

kenny

M

madcabbie

Do you need to get an adaptor kit for this turboXS bov's? Or will they fit straight on where the existing one is?

I am still trying to work out which bov i will get.

Cheers
dave

G

GTiRich

No adaptor neeeded. Mine just fitted straight on, no probs

c20ona

if your just after a loud DV, then you aint gonna get any better than the turbo xs - type h (silver one with the trumpet).i've had loads of different DV's on the car and they don't even come close.
but if your wanting something not too loud but fairly reliable, then i'd recommend the new bailey with trumpet.it's still loud but more than that, it's a twin piston jobbie so ideal if your still running a standard afm.
the baileys are around £90, where as the xs one, well it's still a tad expensive (£150 - £200+).
i fitted mine using the current bailey fitting kit and although a little tight, fitted no probs.if you have a front mount, you could always weld it on the intake pipe i suppose.

regards

kenny