security????

ashleygtir

most of you will take the pi55 out of what im gonna say but...... at present i have no security what so ever on my R. and im moving out, and will no longer have a garage. what would you recommend?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Suprised your insurance company hasn't stipulated that you MUST have a CAT1.

I suggest you get either a Clifford or TOAD CAT1 Alarm & Immobiliser!

Rishi

GTiR_Mic

Toad Ai606, with anti Hi-Jack, tilt sensor, bonnet sensor and dual pannel sensor.

I got that lot from Discksons in Dunblane for £285 fitted. If you want a Clifford, get the Concept 600 but you will pay £600 for it.

I would get a tracker as well fitted ;)

Mic

ashleygtir

the boys were i work fit trackstar to the nobles and they said its not that good, if the thievin git finds the aerial and chops it off then it dont work. i want some thing with like a shocksensor or proxsimity is it?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
ashleygtir said:
the boys were i work fit trackstar to the nobles and they said its not that good, if the thievin git finds the aerial and chops it off then it dont work. i want some thing with like a shocksensor or proxsimity is it?
Any combined alarm immobiliser that is rated at thatcham cat 1 will do.All cat 1 systems will have a shocksensor as std.Don't go for proximity alarms as they are not very reliable and it's only fookin mongs/chavs that have that $hit anyway.

Trackers etc only get you the car back,they don't stop the to$$ers from stealing it in the 1st place.

pulsar_stu

I had a clifford avital maxx1 alarm/imobileser Cat1 on mine and they have just taken it with no problems. On my next Gtir i will be getting the clifford concept 600 along with a pager system to alert me if the alarm has been set off. i will be having the close proximity added to the system aswell so when thats triggerd, the pager will alert me of that aswell. also a snap off steering wheel and im considering getting a wheel clamp aswell with one of those polls that you lock in front of the car when its parked up on a drive. You cant stop the thieving C*NTs taking them but you can sure give them a tuff time trying. And one more thing that will be on the car. CCTV i have orderd a spy mini camera so that will be installed in the car and recording while it is parked up at home aswell as an outdoor camera on the house pointing at the car which will also be recording 24/7.

DanDud

Every time you park up, pop your bonnet and unplug something like the coil pack, or anything which will stop the car from starting.

Pain in the **** but if you know your not going to use your car for a few days its worth the 1 minute it will take to do it!

MORF114

I had a clifford on one of my previous cars concept 500 was the worst car alarm ive ever had flies landing on my windscreen set the alarm off funny when i first got it but a pain in the **** because i had tinted windows the sensors didnt work very well so i had to have them quite high to work well (which is adjustable by yourself)which was a nightmare for the windscreen, leaves falling from trees use to set it off i hated the alarm and would never ever endorse the sale of any clifford alarm it pissed me off so much. i have a australian made alarm on mine now which was a third of the price of the clifford and is the best alarm ive had and the same functions as std as the clifford.