Seat wobble

kenan

South West Regional Rep
The two front seats on my GTI-R wobble. The back rest rocks forward and back about an inch from the base. Any ideas what I can do to fix it, I don't mind but the other half is moaning about it (well the whole car really)

youngsyp

kenan said:
The back rest rocks forward and back about an inch from the base. Any ideas what I can do to fix it, I don't mind but the other half is moaning about it (well the whole car really)
:lol: I get exactly the same from my other half, when she sits in the GTiR ! What makes matters worse is that she has the latest Recaro's in her car so, I can really see where she's coming from ! :lol:

As for a remedy, I think it's just a 'quirk' (another one) of the seats. I believe they use a chain and wheels to adjust the back rest so, I just think it's play in these.

Paul

GTi-R23

Or maybe Odin owned the car before you and ruined the seats with his pie eating masculinity.

Sorry but I'm really bored.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
oh well, I don't want bucket seats so I'll just remove the exhaust baffles so I can't hear her monaing :D

geoff pine

I had the same problem you need to change to an after market seat i am not shore it's worth the hassle to try and fix it .

nitrosgti-r

at least it shows and is living evidence of how the pulsar pins you back in the seat.....hence the wear..... tell ya missus that ;)

kenan

South West Regional Rep
nitrosgti-r said:
at least it shows and is living evidence of how the pulsar pins you back in the seat.....hence the wear..... tell ya missus that ;)
We are supposed to be planning a wedding but all I'v done is get the car sorted so I'm not allowerd to use the car word atm :lalala: