screamer pipe?

Nad

Well if it is too short it will be venting into the engine bay which isnt good.

Nad

A

antilag

the different lengh and thickness and material will change the sound completly and the longer the pipe the more chance u got of hitting something wen the engine moves on launches ect which will lead to summin snappin so b careful :wink:

Lamb

Mine is fairly short in length......goes down to about the bottom of the sump....ie. does not go down any longer as it would probably hit the speed humps!

In length i would say its about 3" (inches) max in length form the watse gate.

Loudest thing i have ever heard on boost!!!!!

Cheers
Harry

S

Sirnixalot

it will reduce turbulance in the exhaust and on high HP cars it makes 25bhp difference some times. I dont see it being worth more than 10-15bhp if that.

Si..

i'm putting a`side exit exhaust on the car and thought it would look quite trick to have the screamer pipe exit the car infront of the exhaust. but that's quite a length, so is that to much. :?:

A

antilag

the lengh of the pipe ent gonna giv u a noticable power increase or decrease but u will want to make sure its strong enuff and also wen mine was vented to the side it was to noisey i personaly wouls say that a side exit exaust and screamer will be way to load and wen u go past cars it bounces back

Si..

cheer's for the reply's people, :wink:

i'll give it a shot anyway's but if it is to loud then i'll just have to change it.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

what the f*ck is a screamer pipe :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I believe it's an exhaust pipe off an external wastegate that exits separate to the main exhaust system, ie no silencing.

A

Anonymous

you can get your exhaust downpipe seperated to block the wastegate emissions entering the exhaust then you would have your exhaust pipe say 2.5 or bigger 3" and then your screamer pipe next to it usually 2"s has a good sound directing towards the ground preferrably after or pointing away from the sump. I have had a 3"down pipe with 3"dump/screamer pipe and the sound terrorfies passerbys and hmm hmm fellow motorists but also a 1.75"pipe screams enough or should i say roars enough (sounds similar to a jet plane on heat whilst on boost)