Thanks

H

hijacker1

Stoned said:
Hi all

Someone told me that you can run a Pulsar without a CAT due to an 'MOT quirk'

Is that true?

Thanks
yeh its for the imports,its sumfin like the import is not listed so it has to just pass a basic test which the R can pass even without the cat.

A

AJ4

Or if your worried about it, buy a Mongoose exhaust as the 'Cat replacement pipe' is actually a small box that looks just like the original cat from the outside ;)

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Should have any probs Stoned, I've got the full 'goose system + CAT replacement, and I passed emissions no probs :twisted: ( well, all except for carbon monoxide, but the bloke scribbled out "Failed" and wrote in"Passed" so no probs) :D .

Just take it out for a good razz before the MOT to clear out any crap in the engine / exhaust.

S

Stoned

Fantastic :D

Is moongoose the one to go for then?

The Pulsar I am looking at today still has the original Nissan unit. I would like a exhaust with a 3" tailpipe and not be too loud, just a nice rumble.

But I dont want it to be restrictive either. Can I have both, quiet(ish) and best performance?

J

J-GTi-R

The Japanese systems generally fit that bill, as they have strict noise regs over there. Trouble is, they ain't cheap. The Peco is a little quieter than the 'goose, but you need a front-pipe as well.

S

Stoned

Ah the neighbours are used to it :)

I had a Fiesta RS with a straight through scorpian system, 3" all the way until 4" at the end which had no silencing at all

Apparently the retired couple up the road used to start their day by the sound of my car rumbling away a few houses down :lol:

So 'Goose' are the noisy option then. Hmm. Any other suggestions?

It's not the external noise I dislike, it's the noise inside the car. I like to be able to hear my stereo while going down the motorway.

geetee

GO faster and leave the noise behind or get a bigger amp and speakers.

Not that I would sanction anyone breaking a speed limit at anytime.

Cheers
GeeTee :D

C

caz

It's not the external noise I dislike, it's the noise inside the car. I like to be able to hear my stereo while going down the motorway.
U'll get well sick. The goose is the daddy though. The de-cat on the Goose is a bit of a silencer, remove this and stick a custom made 3inch downpipe and you'll get a serious power hike. But my goose is very boomy on the motorway. U'll need to crank the stereo right up. I sit at 60-70 on a long haul coz petrol is sooo bad and its like a non-stop drone :cry:

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
The 'goose is best VFM and is British built too :!: It's stainless from turbo to tip, and the 5" looks the mutts nuts. Yeah, it is loud, but on the motorway cruising off boost/ on slight boost it's plenty bearable, and as long as you've got a decent headunit and speakers, you'll be fine :!:

Apparently the Peco is based on the std system and as a consequence is quite restrictive. The HKS systems are mild steel ( Paying £400 for something that'll last a couple of years on our roads ... :?: )

Y'pays y'money and makes y'choice, but IMO - go 4 the 'goose :twisted:

SunOnGTiR

I have the goose :twisted:
WILL pass MOT with the de-cat pipe.
Found out today the CAT won't fit the goose properly :(
Wasted about half an hour of time and missed MOT :oops:
An quieter option is the Scorpion I think :wink: