rough idle!

D

DREAD-GT

I finally got her started today after a month of having her!!:doh: Anyway all is well, but just one thing. It's mis-firing bad and it will not rev above 2500rpm! done an ignition test all's good FP test, same! I have HKS plugs and i think it might be it(the problem). Any body had this problem before?:der:

davey red.r

hks s40i grade 8s can be lumpy on cold tickover,if this is what you have? i have them, idle is a bit rough ,but fine onced warmed up,as to not revving past 2.5k:?

davey

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do a fault code check. 2500rpm is fail safe mode. Or is that what you meant by ignition check?

Could be an air leak or AFM problem not showing on the fault code check.

Last edited:
D

DREAD-GT

davey red.r said:
hks s40i grade 8s can be lumpy on cold tickover,if this is what you have? i have them, idle is a bit rough ,but fine onced warmed up,as to not revving past 2.5k:?

davey
same plugs i have! :-D it warms up and is still lumpy, real lumpy......

D

DREAD-GT

Fast Guy said:
Do a fault code check. 2500rpm is fail safe mode. Or is that what you meant by ignition check?

Could be an air leak or AFM problem not showing on the fault code check.
I just checked the ignition system. not the ecu! how do I check the codes on the ecu?:der:

snoon

It wasn't broken. I was trying to get my Z32 to work.

You can try to clean up the connections before you replace it. Think your only looking at £40 or so to get a second hand one.

D

DREAD-GT

snoon said:

You can try to clean up the connections before you replace it. Think your only looking at £40 or so to get a second hand one.

D

DREAD-GT

snoon said: