Rod and Main Bearings...

Thor

Hello,

i must have new rod and main bearings. So which are the best bearings that i can get?

cheers
Sascha

GTIR-LOZ

personally i would use nissan bearings with the correct grading i had acl's they locked the crank up and burnt one out on one of the rods due to them not being correctly sized, i would never use them again, but then others have had fine results with them

Smo

personally i would use nissan bearings with the correct grading i had acl's they locked the crank up and burnt one out on one of the rods due to them not being correctly sized, i would never use them again, but then others have had fine results with them
Were they by any chance the bearings built for the black top 20DET as seen in the Silvias/200SX?

GTIR-LOZ

yeah it seems the cranks are quite tough, it wasnt seized all the time only when starting was it stiff then it freed up

Thor

Wich are now the best bearings? So i have .25 and i fear that Nissan can´t deliver these size at the moment.

Go onto ericsperformanceparts on ebay and order them from their shop.
I ordered Standard sized ones and got Mains, Big Ends, and the 2 thrust washers for £90 delivered.
And they arrived on my door step 5 days later.
Fitted to the engine are engine turns perfect with them.