Rod and Main Bearings fit in oil or LM48?

Thor

Hello!

I will rebuild my engine with ACL bearings. So is it better to fit the main and rod bearings with oil oder Liqui Moly LM48 Engine Assembly Lube? We had fit the cams with oil few times ago and these are now have some grooves. Can anybody tell me more about that?

Cheers
Sascha

stumo

i would always use an assembly lube.

Make sure that you prime the oil pump and leave out the spark plugs , fill the oil filter with oil, any oil cooler pipes etc and turn it over until you get oil pressure BEFORE refitting the plugs and starting it. (but i guess you already knew that).

I always use Torco assembly lube... but any is better than oil (or should be)

torco

Thor

Hi Stu!

thanks for the info! In germany we only can buy the Liqui Moly LM48 and the Datasheet from them looks ok. I think there are no big differences between the engine assembly Lubes or what you think?

Thanks
Sascha

stumo

hi Sacha,

I would think that any good assembly lube would be good enough.

make sure you cover everythingl and not use too little.

If the engine is having problems getting oil pressure at the start then you could remove the cam cover and use more lube on the cam lobes and followers so that you don't have any problems.

If the spark plugs are out then you shouldn't have any problems with the bottom end.

stumo

It should be ok but i'm sure you will be able to get many types of assembly lube in Germany.