Rocker cover modification?

G

GTI-R Kid

Hey peeps, just wondering if the raised edge at the front of our rocker cover actually has any function? See the bit circled in yellow below ...

We're going to be ditching the standard intercooler, oil separator and unnecessary bracketry, along with painting the cover, so what I really need to know is can I sand/file/grind down this raised edge to create a neater more uniform looking cover?

Thanks

G

GTI-R Kid

Fazz said:
terrible picture!!!

Its clearly been a while!!!

Hurry up!!!
Photo was taken about a month ago .... engine now missing from photo area!;-)

G

GTI-R Kid

Paul20 said:
i think its just to channel water away any water that comes in through the vent matey
Paul
Thanks for that Paul - out with the angle grinder so!:twisted:

Paul20

no probs, im pretty sure thats what it does anyways. p.s. hope the engine is a bit cleaner when it goes back in. ha

J

jpward

Hey big lad why dont you use a Sr20DE cover????? saves the work and wont have the 6 screw holes either ;-)

G

GTI-R Kid

jpward said:
Hey big lad why dont you use a Sr20DE cover????? saves the work and wont have the 6 screw holes either ;-)
Thought about that, but want to keep the 6 bolt holes for fixing a cover on top. Don't want water swamping the spark plugs when the TMIC is removed.;-)

J

jpward

GTI-R Kid said:
Thought about that, but want to keep the 6 bolt holes for fixing a cover on top. Don't want water swamping the spark plugs when the TMIC is removed.;-)

Ahh bling bling ;-)