Rocker Cover Bolts

Smo

I'm having my rocker cover painted and want to replace the rusty bolts that hold it on with something nice and new.

I've done a quick search and managed to uncover some pictures of allen headed bolts which look nice, are there any other kinds that people know of as I'm interested in seeing what alternatives are out there.

Smo

Are you removing the studs as well? I just had my cover off, and it was secured with nuts.
No mate I don't see the need to replace the nuts unless there's a complete kit that comes with new ones. Just the caps.

Does'nt stevepudney make them??
Actually it could well have been Steve's car I saw the picture of with the allen nuts in place.

Aw, crap. Sorry, I was thinking about the nuts that hold the entire rocker cover in place.
To clarify mate I'm talking about the ringed nuts below;

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
No mate I don't see the need to replace the nuts unless there's a complete kit that comes with new ones. Just the caps.

Actually it could well have been Steve's car I saw the picture of with the allen nuts in place.

To clarify mate I'm talking about the ringed nuts below;

George, I did used to sell the kit to replace all the nasty rusty bolts on the rocker cover. The kit I put together replaces the whole lot apart from the rubber gaskets used in the Nissan arrangement. Replacing the bolts is the easy bit, getting them to stay in place is the tricky bit, they need to tighten down onto something. The standard ones are pillars/posts and dome nuts, made that way so tightening them down hard doesn't distort the rocker cover sealing gasket. My kit comes with all replacement bolts, washers, custom spacers and a new custom made hex standoff for the centre bolt.

Hyperbolt do sell similar bolts and washers but the quality of the anodising wasn't great.

I had someone else ask weather I could do the kits again recently so if your interested I could make up a few kits again. Blue, Purple, Polished Alloy, Black, Gold and Green were the colours. The complete kit would be £32. Iv'e probably got enough materials to make up about 6 kits.

I can't find the pictures of the kits on my system but I'm sure there must be someone with some pics of the kit fitted.

Let me know if your interested.

watoga

I had someone else ask weather I could do the kits again recently so if your interested I could make up a few kits again. Blue, Purple, Polished Alloy, Black, Gold and Green were the colours. The complete kit would be £32. Iv'e probably got enough materials to make up about 6 kits.
Was that "someone" me? LOL! :-D Yes, I'm interested, but how do the colours work? Will all 6 kits be the same colour? Or can each individual punter choose what colour they want?

Definitely put me down for a set!

Cheers,
Dave

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Was that "someone" me? LOL! :-D Yes, I'm interested, but how do the colours work? Will all 6 kits be the same colour? Or can each individual punter choose what colour they want?

Definitely put me down for a set!

Cheers,
Dave
Most colours are still available off the shelf, so each kit can be different.

Smo

I completely forgot about this thread! Tit!

If you are going to make some kits Steve I'll have one.

nimhbk

Went to Nissan today as i have lost three of the washers from the camcover.
£6.06p each your having a laught
What size are they m4 m5 or m6 as there are quite a few on countersunk on ebay