reverse lights inop

GTIR-LOZ

need a bit of help guys, my reverse lights are not working i have no power to the bulb holders i have disconnected the reverse light switch to find it has 4 wires!!!, 1 is permant earth, one is ignition live and one is the signal wire for the switch, i have put power up the signal and the reverse lights work, which makes me think its the switch thats faulty but this 4th wire is worrying me what the hell is it for it doesnt seem to be an earth or a live(but when i put a live down it it blows the fuse in my power probe), its green and red in colour which makes me think it is a live of some sort but what for and where does it go, and also i cant find the fuse for the reverse lights any ideas where that is also cheers hope someone can help

p.s sorry for the long post just trying to explain it all

GTIR-LOZ

but surley that wouldnt work through the reverse light switch would it?? :? and i would expect some reading off of it such as it being an earth or summin has anyone got a wiring diagram fot the reverse lights????

GTIR-LOZ

cheers for that mate im guessing it is as i cant find it and i cant find the switch on the engine side of the diagram either, but it looks like the switch only has 2 wires in it, but i am unsure what all theose black circles with lines comming out of them are any ideas??