Rev limit

M

Muppet

Hi all

what is the rev limit and when does the power start to drop. Also how many of you actually go right up to the rev limit.

thanks muppet.

A

antilag

i go up and over :lol: its there for a reason and thats to limit the revs so ya may aswell use all the revs below it :wink: dunno wat mine is mate but i hit it all the time might b 7500rpm

LeeSmith

7200RPM is the limit i believe. I don't ever hit the limit m8. If I'm pushing it i'll only go up to 6000RPM Max. I don't feel the need to bounce off the limiter!!

E

Edd

I believe it has boost cut to 0.5 bar @7500rpm
followed by ignition cut @7750rpm :shock: :D

A

antilag

well u probably got standard turbo so yeh your car might not have any power above 6000rpm but mine pulls to the limiter and if u dont use all the power your gonna get more lag in gear changes cos the lower u change the lower the revs drop

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Mine pulls harder and harder all the way to the limiter (7500rpm)... Mine doesn't tail off or slow down in any way at all...

LeeSmith

ok then - i know don't believe it :p

Like i said i don't take mine to the limiter!!! Although i did see a GTI-R at powerstation hit the limiter at around 7200RPM.......

A

antilag

wat boost u running rishi cos the standard turbo will hold 1 bar but in my experience it wont hold 1.4 just drops back and feels like u lose alot of power

A

Anonymous

I go up to about 6800 or so.. power doesn't seem to stop, though.

G

GTI-R Kid

I used to go up to the indicated redline on the tacho. Never had the courage to slam it off the limiter in case there wasn't one there (never know with Jap imports :wink: )

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I use the redline all the time and sometimes the limiter if I'm daydreaming when I floor it. :oops: Power on my rolling road graphs drops off after 6500rpm, but I don't feel it on the road.