resetting/mapping ecu

A

Anonymous

i have been told by my local tunner that instead of going for the greddy profec b and unichip, i can also go for the greddy profec b and have the ecu moddified to suit the mods this will be £250 cheaper but does a better job than getting the unichip. Confussed here, has anyone heard or had this done? And what is the max bhp the standard ecu can be modified too or is there no limit?

ashills

jgy customs in teh states offer this they can do an exchange ecu mapped for 700 injectors Z32 maf etc
loads of options avaliable
its just like the cossies boys use stage 123 etc
but its not 100% for ur car but should be a good map by someone who knows the car/engine
i think there ones come jwt have a look at there website
http://www.jgycustoms.com

B

bean

You can modify the standard ECU and add a daughter which you can load your own custom map into. All you do then is switch a jumper on the main ECU board to read from your new chips.

I don't know many people that can do this, just the one. :wink:

A

Anonymous

yeah i was told it was like cossie management and PTS Luton are the guys that will do this they have been on my car for some of the mods, might give cossie management a go then, wish me luck 8)

F

flying postman

cossie management defo the way to go lets see who gets it first know of someone who's got the stuff if your serious :roll: :wink:

A

Anonymous

everytime i go down there i always see more than 2 r's there so i know they cater for R's, the guys i spoke to who had R's say their not on list. Your best bet would be to pop in next door at the tyre place as a guy owns a grey r which looks heavily modded and i presume he gets all work done next door at PTS, if the wheather is okay on sat i will be down threre let me know if you want to meet.

nismoboy

i wouldn`t go there if i were u. they made a lovely job of my car its been off the road for over a year thanks to them! and im not slagging them off im just telling u how it is.

ashills

cheers mate
after doing a bit of research i might go with th epower fc
does anyone know what they charge for teh remap for teh standard ecu??

A

Anonymous

i wouldn`t go there if i were u. they made a lovely job of my car its been off the road for over a year thanks to them! and im not slagging them off im just telling u how it is.
sorry to here that, but thats just how it is some owners have good stories some have bad, i don't think no tunner is out to ruin any car so its all about each person going and finding out for them selves.