recirculation valve removal

ohc_turbo

bored on sunday, after fitting a two and a half zorst on i focus on getting rid of the recirc valve (even though its better having it on) to try and get a noise out of it. i firstly made a blanking boss and put it in place and found a bit of pipe for the intake that didnt have the breather hole and the other hoses in. the car also came with a 4.99 e-bay filter, this has got replaced with my HKS super filter.

ive left the retarding device unpluged with the two hoses not doing anything and ran the actuator pipe straight to the inlet, this has had no ill effects so far the only thing i found is the boost droped to 7-8, red on here that thing bleeds off a bit to make up the total boost, the only thing i wont have is the saftey drop that it has when standard, a crude bleed valve takes its place but it does what it says on the tin.

cut a long story short, i can believe the chuff it makes! i know its not good and all but you cant beat that sound, all my other turbo cars ive had have never made a high pitched chuff, well chuffed myself, only cost me £1.50 to do

is there a explination why the chuff is so high pitched?

J

jpward

ohc_turbo said:
bored on sunday, after fitting a two and a half zorst on i focus on getting rid of the recirc valve (even though its better having it on) to try and get a noise out of it. i firstly made a blanking boss and put it in place and found a bit of pipe for the intake that didnt have the breather hole and the other hoses in. the car also came with a 4.99 e-bay filter, this has got replaced with my HKS super filter.

ive left the retarding device unpluged with the two hoses not doing anything and ran the actuator pipe straight to the inlet, this has had no ill effects so far the only thing i found is the boost droped to 7-8, red on here that thing bleeds off a bit to make up the total boost, the only thing i wont have is the saftey drop that it has when standard, a crude bleed valve takes its place but it does what it says on the tin.

cut a long story short, i can believe the chuff it makes! i know its not good and all but you cant beat that sound, all my other turbo cars ive had have never made a high pitched chuff, well chuffed myself, only cost me £1.50 to do

is there a explination why the chuff is so high pitched?
You should start shopping for a new actuator now! :lol:

ohc_turbo

actuator is fine, it does spike though when it was on a higher boost, the way ive got it atm is it boosts to 12 then backs off to 10, possibly due to the pipework from the actuator to the inlet manifold. all the turbos ive had have had the pressure source on the turbo itself.

it has been said on other forums that its better having the boost source from the inlet as this is what pressure youre actually getting if you know what i mean