Rear sub frame bushings

djdoc360

Are the four main rear subframe bushings the same on a GTI-R the same as the ones on a S13,14,15 and Skyline? Looking into orderins the S13 ones but i don't want to find out the hard way that they dont fit.

davey red.r

Are the four main rear subframe bushings the same on a GTI-R the same as the ones on a S13,14,15 and Skyline? Looking into orderins the S13 ones but i don't want to find out the hard way that they dont fit.
dont do it the hard way:doh:
get the gtir ones, im sure powerflex have these avalible now for the gtir?

davey

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think that the Skyline or the Silvia have the same subframe as a Pulsar - the Skyline certainly doesn't because it has HICAS (which I quite liked because it only let you get a slide going if you really meant it, and caught you before you got into trouble when you didn't).

The Pulsar kit it pretty available, and I think there's a choice between whiteline and SuperFlex/SuperPro isn't there? If you're in Japan you should be able to get them from Australia relatively easily.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, because it wouldn't surprise me to find that the bushes are the same even though the subframe is different.

djdoc360

i know the sub frame are different but the Bushing look the same. I put a Silvia and a pulsar sub frame side by side, and by looking the 4 main bushings looks the same size. Some one gave me two solid rubber bushings form a pulsar( rubber looks similar to the nismo engine mounts) rear sub frame and im trying to track down two more. I am buying another rear sub frame to through all new bushings in.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like you've found another hot tip for getting parts for the Pulsar from alternative sources - kudos to you!
I suppose that unless you're trying to do lock-and-align any bush that is the right size will do, and it makes sense that one for a Nissan would fit.

djdoc360

i believe so. they were given to me for free. there only two rear sub frame bushes. i need to more. I did a search for the part numberand the closes thing i could find and s13/14 nismo ones 554400-RS590.

vss irvine

£120 all in mate, maybe cheaper if i can source another supplier to make the inserts.

but first batch will be £120.