Rear Light Fuse Blowing

A

Anonymous

As the title says my rear light 10A fuse keeps blowing and taking all the instrument panel lights out with it and I have already been pulled by the Police for having no rear lights 5 mins after it first blew.

I checked all the rear light lamps and are fine, so are all the connections no visible shorts.

What could be causing this as I haven't wired in anything new to the car at all recently?

91 Pulsar GTi-R
304bhp @ 6700rpm
249lb/ft torque

A

AZ STE

Hi havent got my fuse lid to hand but 10A fuse for your rear lights seems far to big,I suspect other items are also run through that fuse.Id do an elimination ie run the car with various items disconnected to eliminate circuits on by one.If the fuse is going instantly you turn on then youve got a live to earth somewhere,if its going after a while then something thats turned on is drawing to much hope that helps a little[;)]

A.....Z Ste

A

Anonymous

Most of the dash and stuff is also run through this fuse. So when i was messing around with the lighting for my gauges i went through a batch of those 10A fuses. I would suggest you open up your dash or your rear lights, cos something aint earthed properly or there is a dodgy connection somewhere.

For beginner info on the R
http://www.geocities.com/nabsqureshi

For all Nissan parts ring mjpauto.com on 01277 374201

A

Anonymous

had this blow when i put a bad earth on my newly fitted stereo, maybe woth checking ??

j10gtr

Have you recently fitted a stereo removed any parts on the dash etc? as you may have disturbed somthing during doing this. Does the fuse go straught the way or when somthing is turned on of after a period of time ?.

thanks
Paul

A

Anonymous

I had this problem also when i fitted my head unit used cigar lighter earth instead of what was there[;)]