rear hoses

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Hmmm... Geoff told me that since I have the engine out to replace the clutch I should do the rear hoses too.
Convenient thread if I do say so myself!

That's a lot of money for a set of hoses that haven't split yet.... dare I ask if there's a cheaper option? I'm aware that I can buy them from Nissan, but their reputation for timely delivery isn't good.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If you could only square the budget to buy one set, which would it be?
- If I'm buying a new clutch, I'm not sure the wife will be impressed that I spent almost as much again on hoses.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If the engine is out, the link in the first post as you can just about do the other hoses with the engine in.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
In stock and ready to send!?
That sounds like a winner to me... and I won't have to keep trying to poach saddler's threads!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Amber don't have any on the shelf, and neither do they... does anyone?
I'll check Merlin next I guess.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The set of 4 is the two standard oil cooler hoses and the two heater (bulkhead) hoses I believe. The set of 7 is all the ones on the back of the engine.

geoff pine

In the first kit its the two big ones at the back that are the problem the rest you can just use samco bends of the right diameter and cut to size thats how i did mine .Like Carl said you could probobly do the oilcooler and heater hoses with the engine in .

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You can probably do all of them with the engine in, but it's not nice. I did the oil cooler ones, the two big ones (one with the spring) and the heater hoses all with the engine in. The others hadn't blown on me before the engine came out for the clutch fork.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Do you know the diameters, and maybe I'll just start ordering hoses and trim them up.
It may not be perfect, and it may not be all of them, but at least I'll get a little done.

Failing that I'll measure them up myself and take an educated guess at what I need.

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Ok, before I go to town on ordering random hoses can someone check/confirm what I've got:

• 2x ~13cm of 1" straight
  • ~20cm of 3/4" straight
  • 4x 90 degree bends in 3/4"
  • 1x 90 degree bend in 1/2"
  • a bit more 1/2"
The spring will fit into the 1" hose if I buy it?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think the springy hose has a different diammeter at each end. (but I could be mistaken) It's also not straight, it's offset slightly.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah - I'm pretty sure that Geoff told me he had to order that one from Nissan, but the others he just cut down to size. I just wanted to check.

I think it's going to be a royal pain trying to get hold of one before the weekend, so I might just cross my fingers and hope that it isn't going to split any time soon.

On the upside, with all those brackets pulled off the back of the engine I've got a bit more room to work with now!

I'll let people know how I get on... maybe this can be my patented 'rear hose kit'!?