Rear Camber Adjustment

A

Anonymous

My tyres are wearing quite badly on the outside edge at the rear and the car seems to have a positive camber, recently changed shocks to std ride height, and tightened the bolts with the car in the air, do i need to tighten the strut to hub bolts with car on the ground or is there a lower arm that can be adjusted, one of the washers on the lower arm to diff is eccentric, can this be adjusted :lol: or not :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Camber isn't adjustable as standard unless you have adjustable top mounts or the whiteline bolts fitted.
Try loosening the bolts off and retightening them with the weight on the wheels.

C

c11gtr

i have tein top mounts on rear and they are Not adjustable there are eccentric bolts on the lower arm near the rear diff, had mine adjusted there worked fine on mine

Shaun

:D Yes mate,you can adjust the eccentric bolts on the rear :!: Its the standard front suspension that cant be adjusted :roll:

A

Anonymous

So looking at the rear of the car then, is the rearmost lower arm the only adjustable one or does the forward rear arm adjust, had a feel and can`t see as the forward one is adjustable, oh and its just the inside bolts that are adjustable :roll:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

the only way to adjust this is to by some ecentric bolts which usualy fit in the bottom hole of you shocker where it bolts to the hub. The car doesnt have them as standard

J

jasegould

Could be your rear toe in/out. If this is out it will wear the tyres, and it is adjustable by means of eccentric washers on the standard R suspension.

A

Anonymous

Right so had another look under the car and as far as i can tell there is the rearmost arm that has where it bolts to the diff that has the eccentric washer, does this just control the toe in and out or is this the camber adjustment? I definitely have a positive camber as i`ve checked it with a camber gauge
cheers Si

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Fast Guy said:
Camber isn't adjustable as standard unless you have adjustable top mounts or the whiteline bolts fitted.
Try loosening the bolts off and retightening them with the weight on the wheels.
It's probably the rear toe in/out adjustment as that is adjustable.

Is it one side or both that's out? Check for suspension damage maybe. :(

A

Anonymous

definitely no damage :lol: both sides are out the camber must be able to be changed at the rear as the var was very low when I got it, std height springs fitted due to grounding probs and now the positive camber

Shaun

:D I havent adjusted these on an 'R' before,but have on the front of a Merc,and they do adjust the camber :!: But the easyest way to find out mate,is to mark their position,then adjust them.If it dosent do what you want,then put them back where they were :!: