Rear Brake Options

ckd281081

Just wondering what rer brake options there are for the Pulsar? Got these big assed 330mm fronts to go on, so need to get some bigger rears or else its just gonna look shit. Is it easy enough to get brackets made up to modify others?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Don't worry about it looking shit, you need make sure that you're brake bias is not too front focused.

I run black diamond grooved discs with Carbotech XP8 pads and braided lines.

It's not about looks, but performance wise and they tick the boxes.

It's function over looks...

ckd281081

Yeah I know and appreciate that, but at the same time, it definitely does look shit having huge dinner plates up front and cute little digestive biscuits on the rear :D plus, braking performance is high on the priority list, hence why I have the fronts that I do ;)

cheers for the reply mate

bracpan

I had 310mm brakes on the front and then later on fitting larger rear brakes was on of the best value for money mods i ever did on the pulsar the effect of the car braking flatter was imediate..cant recomend this mod enough do it.

red reading

Same as, many so called experts used to say on here that the back brakes did not need upgrading...they do make a huge differance, if you can make your own bracket and drill some discs I can tell you what discs that high spec use...the discs are about £40... Bit cheaper than buying the kit from them.

ckd281081

is the pulsars brake bias valve adjustable? or is this something i should buy?

And yeah id LOVE to have the facilities to make up my own brackets but unfortunately dont, so will have to give them a call. Out of curiosity, what discs is it? I can say to them i already have discs, can they just sell me the brackets. Probs get told to foff though

bracpan

Dont both making things more complicated just fit the bigger rear brakes and job done, even when I removed the ABS I never locked the rear brakes so a adjustable valve is not needed..

whytie

Same as, many so called experts used to say on here that the back brakes did not need upgrading...they do make a huge differance, if you can make your own bracket and drill some discs I can tell you what discs that high spec use...the discs are about £40... Bit cheaper than buying the kit from them.

What discs does hi-spec use?

Gtiir

Hi guys I'm also interested in getting larger disks at the rear but want to use my stock callipers and want to keep the price down as well! Hi spec are quite expensive