re locate oil cooler

bestgtir

Hi I want to relocate my oil cooler, From behind my front mount inter cooler to where my grill sits any idea how?

Edited by Odin into something that the people who where not brought up on your local council estate can understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jpward

bestgtir said:
Hi I want to relocate my oil cooler, From behind my front mount inter cooler to where my grill sits any idea how?

Edited by Odin into something that the people who where not brought up on your local council estate can understand.
That still does not make much sense as you would only be moving it upwards a few inches :?

Or do you mean the bonnet scoop as in a top mount oil cooler?

The best flow of fresh air it will receive by the way is where it is ;-)

MINESGTIR

i relocated my cooler with a filter relocation kit. the relocation kit sits in front of the fuse box on the left side of the bay ( 100x EASIER TO CHANGE FILTER) then the oil cooler sits behind the P badge grill on the left honeycomb vent as your looknig at it.. hope this makes sense... just use normal braided hoses !! good place to put it..

B

beastgtir

I think he wants to move the oil cooler from behind the bumper to where the grille is. about 5 inches upwards.

P

pulsarboby

MINESGTIR said:
i relocated my cooler with a filter relocation kit. the relocation kit sits in front of the fuse box on the left side of the bay ( 100x EASIER TO CHANGE FILTER) then the oil cooler sits behind the P badge grill on the left honeycomb vent as your looknig at it.. hope this makes sense... just use normal braided hoses !! good place to put it..
where did you get that from tom? thanks

Granite-GTiR

I got one of these oil cooler (19 row) and filter relocation kits, they are soooooooooooo worth getting! Really happy that i got one.
I got mine from Driftworks, it uses a 200sx (s14) oil filter, as i think the relocation kit is metric fitment.

B

beastgtir

I think he has got a mocal 13 row oil cooler plumbed in already..
Will an addition kit be needed?

P

pulsarboby

Granite-GTiR said:
I got one of these oil cooler (19 row) and filter relocation kits, they are soooooooooooo worth getting! Really happy that i got one.
I got mine from Driftworks, it uses a 200sx (s14) oil filter, as i think the relocation kit is metric fitment.
cant find the oil filter relocation kit:?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Hmmm - do you mean the "curly pipe thing" in front of the main radiator ? :oops: Cos thats the power steering cooler !:thumb:

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

bestgtir

I want to take out my original grill and replace it with the oil cooler.

Edited by Odin in to a language grown ups can understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

MINESGTIR

oil filter relocation came from the states.. my mechanic got it for me... was originally for a supra mark 2 but he tells me he had to get a few adaptors knocked upp.. i dunno , i leave him to it !!!! LOL

PulsarTom

Were bouts is the standard oil cooler located? as i would at some point along the line want to put an 19 row cooler were my top mounted intercooler sat?! What do i need for this to happen?! Thanks Tommy

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Standar oil cooler is a round thing on the back of the engine on the oil filter housing. (not the oil filter, the other round thing.:p )

J

jpward

bestgtir said:
i want to take out my front grill and want to put the oil cooler there feckin understand now
Nope because removing the Grille and then just using a 19 row cooler to plug the gap would look silly :lol:

Plus the cooler would not fill the hole completely and you would have the bonnet catch in the way also!

bestgtir

its alrite i have got it done took out the bonnet catch & replaced it with bonnet pins took the grille out completle put the oil cooler in replacment & meshed it the same colour as my body

J

jpward

bestgtir said:
its alrite i have got it done took out the bonnet catch & replaced it with bonnet pins took the grille out completle put the oil cooler in replacment & meshed it the same colour as my body
Throw some pics up ;-)