Re-circulating Pipe

Bart GTI-R

HI, I had a few performace problems with my car when I had it , it used to back fire, miss fire, hold back, launch me in my seat to the back seat and all sorts and after a look around the re-circulating pipe was off at the diverter valve.

Who ever has put this pipe on has a fitted a samco hose which was desgined to go strate and now soemtimes when it gets hot, kinks and the problems come back slightly. I priced up the standard pipe but its 43 quid, does anyone know where to a good re-circulating pipe from the diverter valve to inlet pipe at a good price unit i fit a DV.

Cheers Bart

MarkTurbo

I take it your talking about the standard recirculating dumpvalve :?:

Just take it off, block the hole in the inlet pipe and fit a decent dumpvalve :wink:

Or buy a new pipe :lol:

Bart GTI-R

Cheers, the pipe the standard dump valve goes into is quite big where can i get a flange to fit.

Cheers,

Bart

J

jiw

samco do a dump valve fitting kit i think, well my car came with one anyway, or just buy a valve that fits the standard pipe, jeff

A

AndrewD

Bart GTI-R said:
HI, I had a few performace problems with my car when I had it , it used to back fire, miss fire, hold back, launch me in my seat to the back seat and all sorts and after a look around the re-circulating pipe was off at the diverter valve.

Who ever has put this pipe on has a fitted a samco hose which was desgined to go strate and now soemtimes when it gets hot, kinks and the problems come back slightly. I priced up the standard pipe but its 43 quid, does anyone know where to a good re-circulating pipe from the diverter valve to inlet pipe at a good price unit i fit a DV.

Cheers Bart
yo it sounds to me like this flexible hose is supposed to be straight, but is slightly bent in its new position?

there is a way you can fix this, by inserting some light gauge springs the same size as the inner diameter of the hose, this will help to resist collapse of the hose ;)

Dooie Pop Pop

AndrewD said:
there is a way you can fix this, by inserting some light gauge springs the same size as the inner diameter of the hose, this will help to resist collapse of the hose ;)
FLMAO i really wouldn' t do that :wink:

Bart GTI-R

Thanks Guys, im gonna have a look on the forge website i think, Its amazing how much performance U loose because of a kink :evil: