raise boost to 1bar

D

DodgeT

i want to raise the boost to 1 bar, so, what is the consensus (sp) on how its done?

elec boost controller - dont wanna go that route at mo cus of expense

bleed valve - dont really like that idea, even tho hve one in me shed

dawes - used one on scoob, great, just wonder if the "kick" will be too harsh on the gtir's box

piece of pipe? - i've heard someone say that theres 2 pipes you can join (or something like that??) & you'll run 1bar boost?

ta.

J

J-GTi-R

The pipe join method give an approximate 1 bar, but is very prone to boost spikes and removes the boost cut facility when it goes into safe mode (so basically NOT recommended).

Plenty of people use Dawes devices, the kick at 1 bar won't blow the 'box as despite the Max Plonker rumours a well looked after gearbox can handle 350 bhp plus (although they doesn't seem to like big bhp and paddle clutches).

Bleed valves are ok (a few people have used them withough problems), provided you have an aftermarket boost gauge and you keep an eagle eye on it, but a Dawes seems to give better results.

A Dawes and aftermarket boost gauge would be the way I'd do it on a budget.

D

DodgeT

i fitted a dawes on my scooby, iirc it went between the wastgate & intake manifold..

i presume it goes in the same place on the git?

have to pester me neighbour tonight, he's got a spare dawes & boost gauge :D

B

bean

I'm running a Dawes device, great piece of kit and I get no spiking at all running 1 bar. :)