Radiator

dobby

I will be getting a radiator made which will be smaller in dimension as it will be where the aircon rad sits. How thick should i make it for 450bhp?

GTiR-Aholic

well considering a standard is good enough for 300+ I would imagine a double core rad is perfectly fine for your requirements.

I've got one if you want, got it from pulsarboby but after a koyo 50mm myself.

P

pulsarboby

its a double core rad which comes off uk model sunny, is a standard fitment but double thickness over oe pulsar rad!

dobby

It wont work then. Thanks for your help anyways.I got a radiator company phoning me tomorrow with a price for a 57mm double core rad.

M

mynheers_a_pint

Bob, how did you rate the radtec set up? I meant to ask in the other topic but it all got ahead of me! I know it is physically smaller but it is much much thicker. You've used it on a higher HP set up and it is one of my current concerns for my car as i approach the 400 mark.

Apologies for the thread theft ;) but it's related!

P

pulsarboby

well tbh i ditched it as i found the ic sitting so close to the rad was a prob with intake charge temps and there was also a prob with the ic obstructing airflow to the rather small rad.

it was fine when car was on road and running around 350 but as mine is used mainly on track i decided to ditch it for a big allie rad.
one thing they are also good for is there exceedingly short pipe run which does aid for fast spooling, you could buy a lot worse!