radiator fans

jjs

hi want to be able to run the rad fans on a manual switch, in the past on other cars i usually switch the fan cut in temp switch on the radiator, the pulsar doesnt seem to have one, is this controled through the ecu ? if so are you able to still switch the fans on manual ? cheers.

MORF114

not sure if it will work but it should ;

If you go into your fuse box and find the relay for the fans if you remove the fuse box or gain access to the terminals on the bottom of the fan relay while its still connected and get a multimeter and search through each one of the relays terminals untill the relay clicks, the terminal on which it clicks should turn on your fans too. This is the terminal which you want to add your switch to, earth the other side of your switch you should be able to have a manual overide of your fans. just make sure that the terminal is a ground not a live wire.

I hope this works, its the way i want to do mine at the weekend ive thought about it for a bit but not tested it out yet so i dont know if the terminal which clicks is live or a earth.

P

pulsarboby

yes as morf has said to a point
but you dont have to remove fusebox, just the relay itself
you can either use a link wire which will turn the fans on when ignition is switched on which will take the place of the relay, but if you want it run from a switch (as mine is) then all you need is a simple 2 sided switch to break the contact ie off/on