rad upgrade

sparky paul

hey, advice please as im running 320 ish bhp on standard rad and reading through posts feel it may be best to upgrade, any certain ones or type to go for and if possible where from.

thanks
paul.

GTiR-Aholic

I hit 315hp @ flywheel and ran it 67miles constant on the weekends on the M25 for about a month with absolutely no problems whatsoever.. no overheating nothing. But look on the breaking threads.. I think there's a few peeps on here breaking some real good R's with double core rads ... or ask pulsarboby as he normally keeps some goodies in stock.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The standard rad should be ok.

If you are doing trackdays it might be worth looking at a thicker rad, but for road use it should be fine as long as its not damaged or falling apart.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't know what's in mine; it looks like a genuine Nissan part, but Geoff tells me it's about twice the width of a JDM radiator.
Is it possible that I've got one for a Sunny? It works well anyway...

geoff pine

The pencil thin standard rad is probably ok if you still have air con after sorting out the crap brakes keeping you oil and water temps down is for me the next best mod.:thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The UK sunny rad is thicker than the standard JDM rad, so it’s possible that you may have that.

I’d remove the air-con rad that way you get better flow to the engine rad.
Also as mentioned, it is well worth investing in an oil cooler.

I use a 13 row on track and it’s more than adequate