rad fans help please

G

gtir_roadkill

hi my fans dont come on and i have changed sensor to new 1.

both fuses are ok ,but they still dont come on.

can anyone help as to what i should check next ooh and i swapped relay with ac 1 but no go still.

well cheesed many thanks.

G

gtir_roadkill

hi checked them they look fine worse luck,this is a nightmare in the making i think.

if you put a positive wire onto the brown and white wire on the righthand side connector the fans come on.

but that dont mean alot only they work lol.

im stuck for ideas now.

P

petebann

wouldn't have thought it would be your relay. Try tracing the wires back from your fans and see if you can see if they've gone down anywhere. Could be possible that you have a faulty rad switch. You got a test light or multimeters? check you have a feed at the fans, you may have lost an earth? check the feeds at the rad switch.

LeeSmith

gtir_roadkill said:
hi checked them they look fine worse luck,this is a nightmare in the making i think.

if you put a positive wire onto the brown and white wire on the righthand side connector the fans come on.

but that dont mean alot only they work lol.

im stuck for ideas now.
If the fans work, then it's probably going to be the fan switch.

G

gtir_roadkill

hi thanks for rplys but i changed the sensor switch on engine is there anymore switches?????

cost me 25 squid from nissan

Matty B

my fans didn't work either. All i did was wire them up to a switch near the steering wheel so i can turn them on when needed. If you unplug the small black boxs on the fans and run a live from the battery to it the fan should come on. You can then rig up a switch in your motor.

G

gtir_roadkill

hi yes i know how to wire them to switch i am just trying to find out why the hell they dont work,it would be nice to find the actual answaer,plus i wouldnt wire a switch in as i would put a proper thermostat control in where you cut pipe and put it between as this will still be automaticly switching the fans on what temp you set it too,i just thought somebody might have the actual answear as its a common problem on these babys.