Race exhaust manifold

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Anybody seen or heard of this place http://www.ssautochrome.com
They are selling loads of shiney bits for Jap cars but they also have Race exhaust manifolds at a good price, see here http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1327 I think originally made for the 200sx but apparentely fit the GTi-R, If this subject has been talked about before, what was the verdict [:D] or [V]

I have e-mailed them for some photographic proof that they fir the GTi-R, I will let you know what they say.

Steve

A

antilag

at the end of the day a skyline manifold will fit a gtir if u modify it lol,that looks nice but the flange will fit the engine but nothing else i should imagine might need a different turbo flange custom elbo and will the downpipe b a direct fit? i cant remeber but i dont think the standard turbo sits all the way over to the right.but at the price of the manifold its gotta b worth a go[:D]

cars take away all my earnings and even the money i havent earned yet

N

Ninja_tune_factory

a mate of mine got one and he hat to cut the part of the manifold that conexts to the turbo he had to turn it a 180 to fit the turbo back on .

it aint S**T if it aint an R

P

purplemonster

Hi steve brakes fitted and works a treat

i will be going for one of these manifolds at some point ,and make it fit with a larger turbo .

and if the rad or anyhting else needs moveing or modding then that will be done also ,

just make sure you fit a brace bar on if you buy one of these manifolds or they temd to crack ?

ROBERT

G

GTI-R Kid

I can't wait to hear how you get on Jon - be sure to let us know. :)

GINGA

Been thinking about one of these myself :wink: for when I get bigger turbo, by the looks of it, it spaces the turbo further out and more to the gearbox side of the engine so in theory I should be able to have a 3" dump pipe/turbo outlet pipe and downpipe and still retain my aircon 8)
might be a bit tight on the rad though :?

A

AZ STE

They do look good but on there own dont do anything for performance,and you have to end up hacking them

S

Sirnixalot

you can remove your AC, have a custom made rad to fit where the AC condenser was, buy slim fans, new radiator hoses and then see if the manifold fits....

I can understand people wanting to save money, but remember you get what you pay for. Save money where money is there to be saved.....this is not one of those instances. Prices on this stuff isnt cheap....do you know why? To create the collector for my EQUAL length, 3mm thick cast steel runner manifold it takes over 14hours.......THATS JUST THE COLLECTOR(the bit that merges all 4 runners into the turbo flange)! If you get a reputable company who can make you a stainless version....these things are worth every penny of 800-1000gbp. Skimp on something like light bulbs or stickers.....not a true upgrade