Quick sensor / det question..

c20ona

Just curious. When i start my car up and let it idle / drive for about 15 mins etc, my Knock reading is next to nowt (using commander). But, after this time and the car's fully warmed up, it starts to graduallly rise until it read a very erratic 40+ (dash starts flashing). It also only ever does this between 2000 - 3000 revs, never before or after.
Is this a fooked sensor or could this actually be det ?. I asked this same question a while back but still at a loss. :cry:

Any info would be greatly appreciated guys.

Regards

Kenny

A

AJ4

sounds like a knacked sensor, although I'd also check the possibility of a loose heat shield or something loose tapping on the engine.

I think mine never goes above 20, even at full rpm.

Best check is bring the revs up slowly so there is no load, and see if it happens. Then try again by booting it, and see if its worse / the same. That'll give you an idea if its real det or not.

c20ona

Hi Ross,

I suspected it maybe a sensor prob as it is 15+ yrs now so must be less accurate. But when this was happening, and i did just floor it, it actually seemed to tail off (a little). It only showed det when i would cruise say in a high gear but low revs (2-3000). Thanks again though buddy, helpfull as ever.
Oh, just another thing actually Ross. Not sure if you seen my prev post regarding injectors but do you know what setting i should use for standard boost on 700cc injectors ?. And how i go around setting these using the commander.
Car's getting mapped in the next month or so but will need driven to the tuner so not wanting it dying on the way up there.

Thanks again

Kenny

A

AJ4

heres a post from a while ago, save me retyping it, you should be able to work it out ok.

http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=37466&highlight=

can't remember if you can do it using the commander, I'm sure you can though, I tend to do everything with the Datalogit now, don't use the commander much.

For 700cc its 440/700*100 = 63% I think.

c20ona

I'd love to get my hands on a datalogit but i've got a poxy mac and it's pc only (virtual pc isn't all that friendly on my system for some reason ?!).
But thanks again buddy. I'll give it a go. :wink:

Regards

Kenny